Back to infertility resources
Back to Common cAUSES

When To See A Fertility Specialist | Advanced Fertility Care

Don’t wait to start your fertility journey to parenthood. Learn when it's time to see a fertility specialist.

Every Last Wednesday of the month at 6:00 pm | Hosted online

AFC Provider Hosted Monthly Support & Wellness Groups

Participate in our monthly topical support group led by our licensed mental health professional, Morgan Neary, LMSW. These meetings explore diverse facets of the fertility journey, covering topics such as nurturing closeness throughout fertility treatments and navigating grief while cultivating inner strength. Secure your spot today for these supportive sessions, taking place on the second Wednesday of every month.

Fingerprint pattern in teal

When To See A Fertility Specialist

Don’t wait to start your fertility journey to parenthood. 

While each patient is different, at Advanced Fertility Care the majority of our patients express regret that they did not contact us sooner in their fertility journey.

There are a number of factors to consider when deciding when its time to see a fertility specialist. Women under the age of 35 should seek help after one year of trying. This falls to six months for women over the age of 35. But these guidelines do not take into account your health, your medical history or many other factors.

There are several criteria for immediate referral to a fertility specialist, who are also referred to as Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility specialists:

What is an Infertility Specialist?

An infertility specialist is a Reproductive Endocrinologist(RE). An RE is a physician who has completed a 4 year residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology and then continued their training with a 3 year fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility. A reproductive endocrinologist focuses all of his or her time, training, and attention on the treatment of infertility.

Make sure you’re being treated by a fertility specialist!

You should know whether your doctor is a fellowship trained fertility specialist. If you do not know, just ask whether they did a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.

Learn more about our Reproductive Endocrinologist physicians.