our team is here to support you
Resources for affording care
Before Your First Visit, Check Your Coverage
Covering the cost of fertility treatment can require some financial planning and assistance. Our team is here to offer resources and support you as you navigate your coverage and available financing options.
It is important that you call your insurance company or Human Resources Coordinator to check on your infertility coverage.
Advanced Fertility Care
Questions to Ask Your Insurance Provider
Does my policy include or exclude infertility coverage?
If infertility diagnosis and treatment is excluded from your policy, you will be entered into our billing system as a “Self Pay” patient. Self Pay patients are required to pay for all services in full at time the service are provided. An initial New Patient Consultation is $300.00. If you have an individual policy, please be advised that infertility is not covered at all, and that maternity may also not be covered.
If infertility treatment is included in your policy coverage, please ask the following questions:
- Is my policy diagnostic only?
- Do I have coverage for underlying conditions? (This is for surgery benefits.)
- Would CPT code 58322 with the diagnosis code of V26.1 be covered? (This is for Intrauterine Insemination (IUI).)
- Would Advanced Reproductive Technology – using the CPT codes 58970, 58974, and the diagnosis code of V26.81, be covered? (This is for In Vitro Fertilization. (IVF))
- Is there a maternity exclusion on my policy?
- Is there a pre-existing clause on your policy in reference to infertility treatment or surgery procedures?
- Do you have any drug coverage for infertility treatment? If yes, where? What drugs are included? (i.e. Follistim, Gonal F, Lupron)
- Do I need a referral and/or a prior authorization for any office visits or procedures? (If yes, please secure this prior to your visit – failure to follow the guidelines of your policy may result in denial of covered services.)
- Have I met my deductible?
- What is my co-pay or co-insurance that will be due?
- If I or my partner has had a previous sterilization, regardless of current status, is infertility still a covered service? The insurance must provide a letter detailing that coverage is still available and must state that the sterilization does not exclude coverage.
- We are Infertility Specialists. If you have a specialist co-pay or co-insurance or if the deductible has not been met on your policy, please be prepared to pay this amount for covered expenses. Payment for non-covered services is due in full at the time of service.
- Diagnostic Testing Costs
- IUI Costs
- Egg Freezing Costs
- Embryo Donation & Adoption Costs
Contracted Insurance Partners
We work with a wide variety of insurance partners. Be sure to call your insurance provider and check your plan’s infertility coverage.
Fertility Financing Providers
We understand treatment costs can be a challenge for many growing families. We work with many fertility financing providers to aid patients on their journeys to parenthood.