There is hope. Are you ready to make your miracle happen?


When is time to see a fertility specialist? Should you keep trying on your own, listen to your best friend, see your OB/GYN or call and make an appointment with a fertility specialist?

There are a number of factors to consider when deciding when its time to see a fertility specialist. Women under the age of 35 should seek help after one year of trying. This falls to six months for women over the age of 35. But these guidelines do not take into account your health, your medical history or many other factors.

There are several criteria for immediate referral to a fertility specialist, who are also referred to as Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility specialists:

While each patient is different, at Advanced Fertility Care the majority of our patients express regret that they did not contact us sooner in their fertility journey.

What is an Infertility Specialist?

An infertility specialist is a Reproductive Endocrinologist(RE). A RE is a physician who has completed a 4 year residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology and then continued their training with a 3 year fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility. A reproductive endocrinologist focuses all of his or her time, training, and attention on the treatment of infertility.

Many women think they are being treated by a fertility specialist when they are not. You should know whether your doctor is a fellowship trained fertility specialist. If you do not know, just ask whether he/she did a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.

There is hope. Are you ready to make your miracle happen?