Infertility is a disease of the reproductive system that interferes with a couple’s ability to have a baby. The American Society for Reproductive Medicine tells patients that if they have been unable to conceive after a year of regular, unprotected intercourse, they need to seek help from a fertility specialist. This time frame falls to 6 months in women age 35 and older.
The Bad News About Infertility:
- Infertility strikes over 6 million women (15-20% of all couples).
- Infertility affects both men and women.
- Infertility affects people of all races and ethnicities.
The Good News About Infertlity:
- You are not alone! There are many medical centers, support groups, websites and services all dedicated to helping you in your journey to parenthood.
- Technology and IVF success rates continue to get better each year, offering you an even better chance of achieving a pregnancy.
- Almost all patients who seek medical care and treatment from Advanced Fertility Care end up with a baby.